Friday, January 24, 2014

Unfinished Drawing Part 2


There is still a lot of work to be done on this drawing but like I said, it's great to document the progress. It's a great way to show why it takes so much time to produce a quality drawing. As you can see the image has developed a lot since the first session. I need to start paying closer attention to how many hours I put into a work of art. This is probably the hardest portrait I have ever tried to produce. I would love to be finished with this after the third session but that probably won't happen.

Today I met with a college art professor. I hadn't really ever considered graduate school but that might be a realistic consideration. First I'd like to concentrate on putting together a cohesive body of work. I must stay motivated, inspired, and working on new pieces.

A friend let me borrow an interesting book called The Painted Word by Tom Wolfe. So far I'm really into it and finding it suitable to my growth as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment